I am excited to finally announce the launch of GeOh.me. GeOh.me was built to help you on your travels and neighborhood adventures. It can assist in answering questions such as “what neighborhood is this” or “which county am I in?”
It has been many idle years in the making, mostly spent sketching and testing various geocoding APIs.I hope you enjoy using it. Below is a quick overview the features, requirements, and the limitations of GeOh.me.
- A hierarchal view of your location broken down by neighborhood, city, county, and state (actual results can vary from city to city and country to country)
- Watch your location and receive live updates as it changes
- Designed for easy one-handed use
- No analytics, trackers, or logging
- Fully accessible
- Supports Home Screen App on iOS
- Location results will be set to your device’s preferred language
- Any modern browser that has access to the internet
- Permission to use your current geolocation when prompted
GPS on the smartphone is not always as accurate as we would like it to be. For this reason the accuracy of your results, measured in meters, will be denoted in the lower left corner above the buttons.
If you add GeOh.me as a Home Screen App on iOS, you may be prompted occasionally for permission to use your current location. This is normal unfortunately. In previous versions of iOS you used to be able to whitelist location services for each Home Screen App. That feature has since been removed from iOS.
Questions or issues? Feel free to email me at email@example.com